Adobe Photoshop is software utilized by both professionals and photography enthusiasts for editing photos and creating graphics. Photoshop is great for basic photo editing such as fixing the exposure and cropping. It is also used for designing graphics for both online and offline.
There are thousands of tutorials and guides that can help both beginners and professionals in using this software and use it productively for their graphic work.
Introduction to Photoshop
- What is Photoshop? – Adobe introduces Photoshop to new users with an overview of the software.
- All About Photoshop – Explore a series of tutorials that will help users learn how to use Photoshop.
- Introduction to the Photoshop Interface – The University of Washington provides an introduction to the basic Photoshop interface.
- Introducton to Adobe Photoshop – See what the Photoshop workspace looks like to begin learning how to use this software.
- Photoshop Reference Guide – This comprehensive reference guide will help new users gain familiarity with Photoshop.
- Introduction to Photoshop – Explore the basics of Photoshop with this overview of tools and their functions.
- Photoshop Overview and Introduction (PDF) – The University of Kansas provides a comprehensive introduction for Photoshop users.
- Tutorial: Photoshop – Learn about the creative power of Photoshop for editing and creating graphic images.
- Tutorial: Photo-Editing in Photoshop – Stanford University offers a tutorial for photo-editing in Photoshop.
- How to Create a GIF Animation in Photoshop – This tutorial explains the process of making a GIF animation in Photoshop.
File Formats and Resolution
- Understanding File Formats (PDF) – When working with Photoshop, you will need to understand numerous different file formats.
- Preparing Images for Web or Print – Learn the basics about editing images for online use or for printing.
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 Tutorial (PDF) – The toolbox is a feature of Photoshop with various implements for graphic design.
- Introduction to Photoshop Tools (PDF) – Some of the tools available in Photoshop include the magic wand, the move tool, and the eraser tools.
- Quick Guide to Using Photoshop for Rendering Sketches (PDF) – The Photoshop toolbox enables users to edit and create a variety of different graphics.
Using Layers and Layer Styles/Effects
- What Are Layer Styles? (PDF) – Apply layer styles to different layers in a Photoshop project to produce different effects in a finished design.
- Photoshop Layers (PDF) – In Photoshop, layers build on each other to create a finished design.
Colors and Gradients
- Creating Shadows and Color Overlays (PDF) – Use this tutorial to learn how to create shadows and color overlays in Photoshop.
- Color Separations in Photoshop (PDF) – Learn how to create color separations when working with Photoshop.
- Photo Effects: Colorizing Images With Gradient Maps (PDF) – Use gradient maps to add color to images.
Using Filters and Adjustment Layers
- Image Adjustments in Photoshop (PDF) – Learn how to make image adjustments in areas such as tonality and color balance in Photoshop.
- Layer Basics: Table Tutorial (PDF) – Learn the basics of working with layers to enable you to progress to more intricate tools and options.
- A Basic Guide to Photoshop Adjustment Layers (PDF) – Adjustments enable editing colors, saturation, channels, gradients, levels, and more to create desired effects.
- Enhance Colors With Photoshop’s Photo Filter (PDF) – Photo filters can help you enhance and change colors in images.
- Advanced Layer Techniques in Photoshop 6 – Try out some lesser-known tricks for manipulating images.
Typography and Fonts
- Creating a Typography Portrait (PDF) – A typography portrait is a clever blend of text and image to create a finished design.
- Create Text That Follows a Path With Photoshop (PDF) – Learn how to create text that follows a specific-shaped path with Photoshop.
- Creative Typography (PDF – Photoshop enables users to create unique fonts for a variety of purposes.
- Make Art with Type (PDF) – A wealth of options are available within Photoshop for designing effects with typography.
- List of Adobe Photoshop CS5 Shortcut Keys (PDF) – Gain familiarity with the basic and advanced tools available in Photoshop by reviewing this comprehensive list.
- Photoshop 101 Introduction (PDF) – Tools and palettes will enable you to edit and create images in Photoshop.
- Using the Clone Tool – Copy parts of an image using this “rubber stamp” feature.
- Dodge and Burn (PDF) – Learn about how to correct the exposure of a photo with the dodge and burn tools.
- The Pen Tool (video) – Use the pen tool to make gradient shapes.
Installing Advanced Plugins
- JPEG 2000 – Learn how to get and use a plugin that can improve the quality of saved images.
- Topaz Impression User Manual (PDF) – Topaz Impression is a Photoshop plugin that enables imaginative editing techniques in photos.
- “Materialing” Photoshop Plugin User Guide (PDF) – Explore techniques for using the Materialing Photoshop plugin.
- Neat Image Plugin for Photoshop (PDF) – Neat Image helps you clean up your photos in creative ways.
- Perfectly Clear Photoshop Plugin User Manual (PDF) – Use Perfectly Clear to fix common problems such as underexposure, lack of color depth, red eye, and faulty skin tones.
- Creating Colorful Celtic Knotwork (PDF) – This tutorial instructs users in beginning and advanced techniques for creating Celtic knot design.