We are excited to announce that today marks the start of Vodien’s first ever SEO Weekly Recap, a post that collects the latest news and updates in SEO found across the web that runs every Monday. So let’s begin.
1. The next Google Panda update will take effect in the next two to four weeks, according to Google’s Gary Illyes during the SMX Advanced conference last week. He further stated that this will be a data refresh and not algorithm changes. It has been more than 7 months since Panda 4.1, Google’s last Panda update, so this is something that SEO experts and webmasters worldwide are looking forward to.
2. After eight years, Yahoo Maps will finally shut down at the end of this month as part of Yahoo’s bigger plans to streamline some of its products and services. Yahoo will still continue to use Yahoo Maps to power its own search engine results and its photo sharing site, Flickr. In addition, Yahoo will also soon terminate its support for Yahoo Pipes, a web developer app that aggregates content from around the web.
3. Google warns that local businesses that have not logged in to their Google My Business account for a long time are at risk of having their pages unverified, as confirmed in a recent Product Forum post by Jade Wang, Google’s representative. Google will contact users via email to ensure that their Google My Business page is still actively managed but if accounts remain inactive for six months, Google may unverify these pages to stay consistent with their goal in establishing the best user experience for its users when searching for local businesses.
4. The Bing Ads Home Page gets a new makeover as it introduced an updated dashboard for quick snapshot of your account performance. It’s a virtual one-stop shop redesigned for Bing users to access information that matters to them the most. On top of of the dashboard is a summary of the Key Performance Indicator (KPI) summary, performance trend graph, and Top Movers Report while below them are modules that you can customize according to the information that you would like to investigate.
5. Should you be using a Relative or Absolute URL? What’s the difference between the two? Here’s a great explanation from Ruth Bar Reedy from Moz’s Whiteboard Friday.
Looking for a reliable and fast hosting provider for your website? Vodien offers you full control and functionality of your website through its award-winning web hosting solution. It features unmetered data transfer, up to 120 GB disk space, regular scheduled data backup, rock solid spam control, intuitive and easy-to use control panels, and best of all, you can contact their friendly Super Support staff 24/7 for any issues or questions about your account. To give you options for your hosting package, simply contact their Super Sales staff at phone: +65 6288 6264, email: firstname.lastname@example.org and chat: www.vodien.com for more details.